joshua tree workshop 2018

Monday, April 25, 2011

An adobe mini-house in New Mexico- "Homes made of DIRT" photos

A longtime friend of mine, Greg Aloe, recently traveled to New Mexico, and took a slew of really great photos (from rundown houses, to the earthships of michael reynolds, and more), some of which I'll share with you all later. For starters though, as the adobe look is so foreign to the area where I live (and for that reason I've always been so fascinated by this style of construction), I thought I'd start with these photos, which I love. Houses made of dirt- the banking industry must HATE it- and the thing is many of these houses outlast the "Safe, tried n' true, mortgage approved", cookie-cutter houses that most of us have little or no option but to live in today.






-Derek "Deek" Diedricksen