joshua tree workshop 2018

Monday, February 28, 2011

A photo of a photo guy taking photos, during a photo shoot for The NY Times on Tiny Houses

AS ALWAYS- CHECK OUT ALL OUR OTHER VIDEOS ON TINY HOUSE PROJECTS HERE...
Um....title-wise, I just confused myself. Anyhow, when Erik Jacobs (the guy was incredible) of The New York Times came out to shoot four of my little cabins here in Massachusetts for an article titled "The $200 Microhouse (Joyce Wadler), I decide to turn the photo session on HIM, to make him sweat a lil'. No, Erik was cool with me doing this and I shot some video too- as its not everyday that the NY Times is prowlin' in your frontyard, snappin' pictures, as the neighbors look on wondering what the hell is happening....



 What you can't see in this shot are several tripod light/flash rigs set-up throughout my front yard for lighting....like some mini CSI forensics/crime scene...

-Derek "Deek" Diedricksen

Also, just got word that MAKE Magazine wants us to shoot a new series of videos for them soon....and oh yes, we'll have some real far out, funky, and flobaglooted (yeah, just made that up) stuff in store for ya!